General Motors Production Group Leader- Temp Part Time - MAN0028021 in Wentzville, Missouri
General Motors Wentzville has produced quality cars, vans, and trucks since 1983. The plant is situated on 438 acres of land in a former wheat field about 40 miles west of St. Louis in Wentzville, Missouri. Currently Wentzville assembly produces the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickups as well as the Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana full size vans. Wentzville employs over 4600 hourly and salary workers over three shifts. Recent accolades for Wentzville Assembly include winning the 2015 and 2016 Motor Trend Truck of the Year with the Colorado and Autoweek’s 2015 Best of the Best Truck with the Canyon.
Group Leader -Temp Part Time
Supplemental On-Call Supervisors are part-time employees that are expected to work flexible hours (32 hours or less per week). This includes the ability to work any of our three shifts, on a rotating basis, and weekends. Supplemental employees are not eligible for the GM Benefits Program; however, they are paid a highly competitive rate of pay.
This role is not eligible for relocation.
Supervise a medium to large group of employees involved in plant production operations. Work is generally of a technical nature with the ability to make decisions within the limits of general standards and practices. Some direct guidance received from supervisor.
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material, and equipment
- Meets production cost schedule and maintains quality requirements
- Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
- Implements divisional and corporate policies
- Implements safety and good housekeeping standards
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group
- Keeps management informed of developments as they occur
- Maintains corporate and unit management control systems.
- Maintains department records
- Knowledge of basic math
- High level oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic technology of area where assigned
- Knowledge of scheduling and other management systems
- High level analytical ability where problems are complex
- High level interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization, motivate employees and elicit work output
- Knowledge of quality control procedures
Education and Training
- High school graduate or equivalent training, plus additional training such as that acquired in the first one or two years of technical or business school
- College students encouraged to apply.