ZF Program Manager in Washington, Michigan
Division A - North America Steering
Lead multi-functional business program teams using automotive standards and processes for product launch. Assume overall program responsibility from initial customer quotation through post-launch product life cycle management.
● Planning: Develop Program Management Plans, including but not limited to: Scope Management Plans, Schedule Management Plans and Cost Management plans that are aligned with the company’s strategic planning and customer requirements.
● Execution and Control: Manage program activities (risk Management Plans) to meet performance metrics including budget, profitability, schedule adherence and product functional capability.
● Documentation: From program initiation thru program closing, maintain comprehensive program reports including program management information systems, schedule and metrics status, open issues and actions, and change management (EC) summary. Develop program status review documentation and program books in support of launch process requirements.
● Communication: Conduct program meetings and management reviews. Function as primary program contact within the organization, and with OEM customers.
● Coordinate functional activities, under a matrix organization structure and ensure efficiencies are achieved to meet program objectives. Matrix functions include, but not limited to: Sales, Product and Applications Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Operation, Materials, and Finance.
● Manage capital and tooling expenditure appropriation requests (CEA). Ensure Capital and pre-production spending achieves budget metrics.
● Education: B.S. degree (Engineering, Technology, or Business Management).
● Experience: 6 years minimum automotive business-related experience, with progressive responsibility in a Project Management, Engineering or Operations environment especially in the electronics field.
● Certifications: PMP certification desirable.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
● Project management knowledge & organizational skills
● Basic knowledge of cost & financial analysis
● Verbal & written communication skills
● Team development & facilitation skills
● Problem solving skills (six sigma green belt preferred)
● Basic knowledge of mechanical & electrical design principles
● Basic knowledge of engineering graphics and GD&T
● Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes
● Basic knowledge of metrology
● Basic knowledge of ergonomics & safety management
● Ability to travel (including international sites)
● Presentation skills
Required Education and Experience
Experience and Skill Requirements
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran