Grant Thornton LLP User Interface Designer in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Technology Strategy & Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
* Provides technical leadership, demonstrated through leading meetings such as scrums, team meetings, and customer briefs, reporting of team status, identifying risks.
* Works directly with unit and Agency stakeholders and program management.
* Researches and documents user profiles, analysis tasks, workflows, and user scenarios.
* Collects and documents user requirements.
* Creates user interface design specifications.
* Works closely with product designers and process engineers developing applications.
* Conducts usability testing.
* Designs and develops user surveys to obtain user feedback. * Shall have the ability to design desirable user interfaces that meets the users’ needs and taste. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Top Secret clearance required.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 15 years experience in related field and have familiarity with task analyses, user interface design, usability testing.
- Experience planning, conducting, Usability/HFE activities.
- Experience with a range of SW development Methodologies (i. e. extreme, scrum, kanban).
- Experience with a variety of user experience design and prototyping technologies and methods.
- Experienced in each of the usability and software engineering cycle phases (analysis, design, implementation, and deployment).Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: User Interface Designer
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 040932