Grant Thornton LLP Tax Senior Associate - WNTO Partnership Tax Group in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Tax Senior Associate, WNTO Partnership Tax Group
Grant Thornton’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals across the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services.
The Tax Senior Associate in our Washington National Tax Office's Partnership (Sub-chapter K) Tax group provides support to other members of the group as they serve as tax technical resources to, and team with, practice offices to deepen technical knowledge throughout the Firm. The Tax Senior Associate also assists in interactions with national and regional leadership to drive tax initiatives that feed into broader regional and national tax goals. In addition, the Tax Senior Associate has a key role in providing technical training and in providing Thought Leadership in the Partnership (Sub-chapter K) tax area. The Tax Senior Associate develops close interaction with clients, both internal and external, to provide planning and consulting expertise and is responsible for development of tax professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform research and analysis of various tax technical issues for matters related to Partnership (Sub-chapter K) tax.
- Ensure continuous development of tax professionals.
- Consult with internal and external clients on the technical aspects of tax-efficient structuring of partnership formation, disposition, and restructuring transactions, and on operational matters, including capital account maintenance and partnership allocations; prepare technical memoranda on issues arising in such consultations.
- Prepare Excel spreadsheets to demonstrate the application of key Sub-chapter K concepts, such as 704(b) capital accounts, 704(c) allocations, outside tax basis, inside basis adjustments, disguised sales, and 751(b) hot asset sales/exchanges.
- Facilitate client understanding of Partnership (Subchapter K) tax development implications.
- Promote collaboration between service lines and industries to provide high quality client service.
- Elevate the Grant Thornton Brand by demonstrating thought leadership and embracing our marketing and sales programs.
- Engage in productive interaction and teaming with office, regional and national leadership.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards.
Other job duties as assigned.
CPA, or JD (LLM in Taxation preferred).
- 2 or more years of Partnership (Sub-chapter K) tax consulting experience at a major public accounting or law firm, with a preference for candidates with experience at a National Tax Office and/or IRS National office.
- Demonstrated success in tax technical work.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, writing, and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet preparation and interpretation.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities.
Ability to work additional hours and travel to various client sites as needed.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices, with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Tax Senior Associate - WNTO Partnership Tax Group
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 039579