Grant Thornton LLP Statistician in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Decision Analytics service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Apply statistical theories, techniques, and methods to gather, analyze, interpret, and/or report quantified information. * Perform valid and useful analyses of data sets in support of task areas using existing data or data to be collected. * Assist client in reviewing and gathering data to report findings. * Build relationships across the organization to better understand the direction and identify future client solutions and business needs. * Provide solutions to meet the project requirements and constraints. * Support special projects as assigned. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally, and adapt style to fit different audiences.
- Ability to facilitate presentations, exchange and receive information in a professional manner.
- Ability to work well and collaborate with others.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, finance, (applied) mathematics, (industrial/operational) engineering or business management.
- Experience with predictive models using regression and data mining techniques, working with enterprise-wide/ large datasets, and strong familiarity with SAS and STATA at a minimum, and working knowledge of R is a plus.
- At least 4-6 years of experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 038857