Grant Thornton LLP Staff Auditor in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Financial Management Advisory and Assurance service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Develop workpapers and client deliverables, which includes an audit like report describing all data sources evaluated and used in the database construction. * Test data for accuracy and completeness. * Determine sources to be used to build database of plan participants. * Identify participant population based on plan criteria. * Certify completed databases. * Communicate with Client actuaries to determine data elements needed. * Communicate to Senior Associates and Grant Thornton management potential issues. * Understand pension plans, investments, and ERISA. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Degree in accounting and/or CPA required and 1 year of general experience.
- CPA candidate or taking additional classes needed to obtain 150 hours necessary to become a CPA candidate.
- Prior pension plan auditing experience is helpful.
- Ability to work in the United States indefinitely.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Staff Auditor
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 038045