Grant Thornton LLP SSAS Developer in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Decision Analytics service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Provide technical team support for the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC). * Work with clients to understand requirements and translate them into the appropriate technical solution. * Develop technical infrastructure designs, data mappings, flows and report dissemination mechanisms. * Design, develop and implement new BI / reporting solutions as per requirements gathered with business stakeholders. * Design and implement dimensional model – star schemas. * Design, develop, configure and deploy multi-dimensional cubes in different environments. * Design and develop dashboards and analytical reports. * Create and manage database objects including tables, indexes, and procedures. * Analyze source data of different types and design programs for extraction, transformation, and loading into a Microsoft database. * Develop, test, and implement ETL scripts and data cubes. * Develop and test programs using Microsoft tools for database applications. * Support database administrator in creating and maintaining end user software documentation. * Assist database administrator in database software research, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance. * Identify, notify and resolve data issues prior to users experiencing system issues. * Manage and perform unit, system and integration testing for accuracy and performance of BI / reporting solutions, document test cases and document test results. * Develop and generate standard and ad hoc reporting capabilities from new and existing data sources. * Develop and modify queries, programs and stored procedures to support standard and ad hoc reporting. * Perform data loading and manipulation using Microsoft software. * Document methods, business requirements, SQL coding, dimensional model design, cube design/specifications, dashboard & report specifications. * Provides accurate time reporting and reasonable estimates for work efforts. * Experience working in a fast pace lean agile environment. * Train end-users on running project reports and extracting project data. * Manages multiple tasks. * Communicates status clearly and timely to management and other team members. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- BA in computer science or information systems or related field; master’s a plus
- Three or more years of experience ETL, data indexing, SQL Server database, SQLs, T-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS 2008 or higher, SSAS, and SSDT.
- 2 years of designing and implementing SSAS data cubes.
- 2 years of building dashboards and visualization.
- Advanced job scheduling experience.
- Data modeling and database design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: SSAS Developer
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 038882