Grant Thornton LLP Special Projects Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Manager to join its Technology Strategy & Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Lead multi-disciplinary teams in executing special projects. * Analyze technology strategy, budget, finance, acquisition, and other important programs under the CIO's purview to provide recommendations on way forward for the organization. * Assess IT development and implementation programs to determine efficacy, alignment with strategy and other program health factors. * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Act as performance manager (coach) for up to four coachees outside of engagement responsibilities. * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates.
- Experience working within a healthcare CIO organization, and managing system implementations/migrations, and other change efforts.
- Familiarity with and understanding of enterprise architecture, solution architecture
- Experience assessing various options for adoption of enterprise-wide solutions management information systems.
- Ability to lead and coordinate a team to access information quickly and reliably, identify and interview stakeholders and decision-makers, and produce an assessment quickly upon completion of discovery and analysis
- Experience in conducting research, business intelligence, and market studies to obtain information on emerging needs and capabilities.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree. Relevant healthcare or IT certification.
- 8 years of experience in information technology, including in the healthcare delivery setting.
- Assessing various options for adoption of enterprise-wide solutions for EHR and other management information systems.
- Overseeing the execution of projects to ensure goals and objectives are met within established milestones.
- Developing and writing strategic documents
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Special Projects Manager
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 040424