Grant Thornton LLP Software User Interface Developer in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Technology Strategy & Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
* Presentation layer UI development and prototyping synthesizing visual, motion, input and interaction design across a diverse and rapidly evolving technology ecosystem.
* Contribute technical expertise throughout all stages of product design and development, conceptual design, visual design language and motion personality, input language, UI platform and tools maturity, prototyping and production.
* Implementation of accessible UI.
* Ownership of quality standards, process, schedule, costing, resources and deliverables.
* Offer alternatives when technology constraints require design compromises.
* Help develop and refine UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines.
* Utilization of responsive design and emerging coding and design practices.
* Bring a multi-disciplinary point of view of product design to the conversation.
* Synthesizing requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
* Designing/developing web, software, mobile apps, prototypes, proofs of concepts (POC’s), and production ready pilots.
* 100% hands-on coding. * Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, preproduction, production, and post-release patches. * Will integrate with consumable security services, driving adoption of 24X7 proactive security monitoring on all TIO environments and systems, while integrating compliance operations. * Articulate technical challenges and solutions, dealing well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
* Work cross-functionally with various client teams: product management, QA/QE, various technical and operational divisions to drive forward results. * Contribute to the design and architecture of the projects within the TIO’s portfolio. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Top Secret clearance required.
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Bachelors Degree required.3 years’ developing web, software, or mobile applications & 1-2 years’ developing prototypes from development, and through startup, launch, beyond.
- AWS Solutions Architect or 1-year experience in role.
- Experience with AWS, CI/CD, and containerization (Cloud formation, others)
- 1 year w/REST or SOAP.
- Strong Exp with Object Oriented Language (OOD) and SDLC & Big Data
- Exp w/Unit Testing & TDD.
- Exp w/CSS tools (SASS, PostCSS, LESS, etc.).
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.U.S. citizenship may be required.
- Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Software User Interface Developer
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 040933