Grant Thornton LLP Project Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Manager to join its Operations Transformation service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Transition planning and ramp-up management * Onboarding, training, and personnel coordination * Transfer of hardware and documentation * Quality, risk, and scheduling management including planning, baselining, and regular reporting * Integration management including analysis, design, prototyping, optimization and metrics management * Cost management, resource planning, and acquisition support * Facilitation and administrative support: preparing for meetings, developing briefing materials, engaging stakeholders and leading review sessions * Tracking, Reporting, and Communications: maintain task tracking information and managing task tracking process, creating leadership and status reports, developing communications artifacts that support implementations or business operations * Budget support: planning, financial analysis, budget formulation * Performance Measurement and analysis: defining objectives and measures, manage and analyze operational performance data * Human capital management: recruitment, creating and maintaining organizational charts, performance evaluations, in/out processing * SharePoint development and maintenance including automation, reports, and SharePoint integration * Implementation and deployment support: guides, deployment strategy, deployment scheduling, training * Leading and coaching teammates toward contract objectives * Managing contract schedule and performance * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Act as performance manager (coach) for up to four coachees outside of engagement responsibilities. * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates.
- 10 years of experience.
- Defense Acquisition University Project Management certification, multiple years of experience leading projects in federal health IT. PMP. ITIL.
- Ability to organize, direct, and coordinate planning/production of tasks.
- Able to develop trusted relationships with clients and deliver value on multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Medical operations and logistics, MHS clinical domains, 3 years of EHR experience (VA, DoD, commercial), and FISCAM experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Project Manager
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 040977