Grant Thornton LLP Program Performance Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Manager to join its Performance Transformation service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. Our public sector team members find solutions that help government leaders with issues including acquisitions, financial management, human capital, information technology and performance management in federal, state, local and international governments.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Serve as SME for NGA, DoD, and IC Performance bodies, make recommendations for management attention. * Contribute to NGA Enterprise performance measurement activities, initiatives, or processes of strategic planning, program – performance improvement, continuous process improvement, resource planning, budget build, or performance reporting to NGA leadership & Oversight Authorities * Ensure program performance information is used in budget justification and defense materials. * Incorporate approved measures into NGA & MGA performance dashboards. * Input data into ODNI Performance Management and Reporting Tool (PMRT) * Support NGA Program Mid-Year and End-of-Year Execution Reviews. * Support client's review and assess KC performance data and narratives for NGA Program documentation. * Support, facilitate, or lead PPM team meetings, brief senior leaders and other employees of PPM matters and issues, and provide PPM subject matter training as required. * Accomplish NGA’s annual performance measures review per oversight guidelines, task instructions, and review completion timelines. * Accomplish program performance measures design, development, testing, and implementation activities for NGA and the NSG that support senior leader and oversight authority performance measurement priorities. * Collaborate with the Financial Management Directorate to integrate PPM information into IPPBE products. * Orchestrate NGA-wide development of program year Expected Accomplishments (EA) and integrate the EAs into IPPBE products per guidelines, instruction and delivery timelines. * Document finalized EAs in a report to ODNI per oversight guidelines, task instructions and report delivery timelines. * Orchestrate NGA-wide development of annual Intelligence Program Budget Submission (IPBS) Expenditure Center (EC) performance summary tables per guidelines, instructions and IPBS delivery timelines. * Support IPBS Joint Review PPM requirements per oversight guidelines, task instructions and IPBS delivery timelines. * Accomplish the NGA Program (NGP) Performance Mid-Year & End-of-Year Reviews per oversight guidelines, task instruction and review timelines. * Use available online applications and data environments (e.g., web pages, shared folders, MS Office, Visio, Metrics Portal, Performance Measurements and Reporting Tool, SharePoint) to create & review PPM products. * Create, & manage division PPM standard operating procedures (SOPs) and process documentation. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- TS/SCI and CI Polygraph required.
- Demonstrated experience in program performance management.
- Demonstrated experience using management and reporting tools. (Desired)
- Demonstrated understanding of the NGA mission. (Desired)
- Project management, planning and development. (Desired)
- Experience with DOD & IC clients. (Desired)
- Experience designing, testing, implementing & assessing performance measures. (Desired)
- Experience analyzing, interpreting and reporting on measured performance data change signals and results. (Desired)
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector atwww.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Program Performance Manager
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 036824