Grant Thornton LLP IT Audit Senior Associate in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Risk Advisory service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Demonstrate an understanding of risks, audit methodology, and an ability to develop a work program. * Provide oversight and take ownership of the workstreams and team members you are assigned. * Mentor team members and provide timely reviews of work products, provided by Client (PBC) receipt / sufficiency, and other outputs. * Be prepared for all meetings, ensure the Office of Inspector General (OIG) is invited, agendas are created, and conference numbers are set up. * Lead all meetings for your areas including status meetings and help associates prepare for meetings (give them opportunities to lead). * Build working relationships with the client and OIG. * Take ownership of higher risk testing areas. * Create and monitor deadlines and proactively raise concerns about overruns, roadblocks, etc. Take accountability and hold others accountable for meetings deadlines. * Ensure timely responses to all client inquiries. * Have an in-depth understanding of all testing areas, understand risks, mitigating controls, and testing strategies. * Build expertise in common technologies at your client (O/S, Databases (DB), ERP). * Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of business processes and IT dependencies; teach others. * Present at status meetings, OIG meetings, etc. * Take responsibility for the associates work, provide timely reviews (early and often) and document sign off in Teammate. As part of your reviews follow up on review comments with team members so they understand what is being asked and confirm that updates were made and effectuated throughout other sections. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- 3 yr of exp in consulting and/or directly relevant industry experience.
- 1 yr of exp acting in all aspects of project or task management.
- 1 yr of exp acting in a technical or functional lead capacity.
- 4 yr experience may be substituted for a 4-yr degree.
- Advanced degree or professional certification in a related business field may be substituted for 1 yr of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: IT Audit Senior Associate
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 039939