Grant Thornton LLP Data Architect in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Decision Analytics service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
* Leads the development of enterprise data architectures, strategies and solution recommendations in support of business strategies.
* Assesses and determines governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the organization.
* Champions enterprise data management best practices. * Provides consultation during strategic planning, prioritization, and implementation projects.
* Leads design of high-level conceptual and logical models that facilitate a cross-system/cross functional view of data requirements. * Security, Sharing, and Safeguarding Management Analysis. * Develops and delivers long-term goals for data modeling and standards. * Identifies and develops opportunities and strategies for data reuse, migration, or retirement.
* Leads and conducts data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies and related tasks. * Establishes methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement. * Provides leadership to system and local work groups. * Uses a high degree of independent judgment and competence to achieve results and resolve significant issues. * Regularly provides input to management on tactical issues. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Top Secret clearance required.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 8 years data architecture experience, with expertise in both transactional and data warehouse modeling.
- 10 years of IT experience.
- Tech architecture, information security, or related experience required.
- Knows Master Data Management principles and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong knowledge of data integration tools, modeling tools, metadata tools, and database design. ETL processes, BI analytics and development strategies
- IT Certs related to Architecture Design pref.Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Data Architect
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 040929