Grant Thornton LLP Cost Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Financial Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Analyze business and financial activities to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making through the application of modeling and measuring techniques, mathematics, economics, statistical analysis, and engineering methods. * Employ the analytical process to define the problem, develop model and tools, test hypotheses, and provide solutions and/or alternatives to decision makers based on sound, scientific, and quantitative information. * Support financial management through various cost estimating and analysis activities including, but not limited to, life cycle cost estimate development, analysis of alternatives, business case analyses, risk research and analysis, and schedule realism assessments. * Plan, collect and analyze various types of cost and programmatic data to support cost estimate development and financial analysis exercises. * Develop work breakdown structures to outlines products, data and services to comprehensive and specific activities. * Develop cost estimating relationships to analyze historical data to predict future cost requirements. * Conduct feasibility studies that compare funding requirements to existing IT portfolios. * Perform sensitivity analyses to assess the cost impacts of changing programmatic or technical requirements. * Develop and/or provide detailed reviews of Cost Analysis Requirements Descriptions and other program office life cycle cost estimates to assess their adequacy and their ability to support decision-making and acquisition requirements. * Develop cost estimate and analysis documentation in support to technical reports, program management reviews, and other senior-level reporting requirements * Develop cost and business metrics in support of client decision-making and acquisition requirements. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- TS/SCI CI Poly clearance required..
- 4-6 years cost analysis experience within the DoD and/or the Intelligence Community.
- Understanding of the analytical process and cost analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with government financial management systems.
- Experience conducting program assessments, efficiency studies and/or business case analyses.
- Familiarity with IC and DoD programs and the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process.
- Knowledge of DoD Directive 5000.4M and DoD Instruction 7041.3.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Cost Analyst
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 040503