Grant Thornton LLP Competitive Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Manager to join its Technology Solutions service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Lead the development of sourcing strategies aligned with organizational goals and implement strategies to achieve lowest total costs, market competitiveness, collaboration, quality improvement, and on-time delivery. * Help resolve critical quality and performance issues. * Manage direct engagement with business partners and internal functional teams to drive implementation of sourcing strategies and ensure success. * Support development and implementation of plans with cross functional partners to meet performance goals. * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Act as performance manager (coach) for up to four coachees outside of engagement
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field.
- Masters degree (MBA preferred) or applicable certifications required.
- Ten years’ purchasing experience in a federal government environment is preferred.
- Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP) is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with COMPARE.
- Ability to exhibit best practices and innovations in the strategic sourcing process covering procure-to-pay; purchasing, procurement, supply chain management, supplier management, supplier performance; and spend management for direct and indirect materials and services.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- High level of analytical ability necessary to analyze product lines, evaluate new product opportunities, and prepare market studies and plans necessary to introduce products or services.
- Experience in conducting competitive sourcing studies, including knowledge of OMB Circular A-76.
- Experience in business process reengineering, business case analysis, acquisitions, procurement, strategic sourcing and costs analysis.
- Ability to conduct comprehensive research and analyses of administrative requirements.
- Ability to develop point papers, briefings and presentations, and make formal oral presentations of these materials to all levels of government personnel.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Competitive Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 038876