Grant Thornton LLP Budget Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Financial Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Work with team to assess and improve existing business management systems, business reporting and analysis, strategic business planning, and business/financial policy formulation and development. * Devise and develop performance measures, and conduct special business case studies. * Follow statutory requirements to assist in budget formulation, execution, analysis, problem resolution, business operations briefings and deliverables to support customer requirements. * Business reporting and analysis, strategic business planning, and business/financial * policy formulation and development. * Provide support in coordinating and developing tracking tools to determine future budget requirements, identify existing gaps and provide a roadmap to close identified gaps. * Provide support in the spend plan and obligation plan developments. * Assist in analyzing execution data, help shape office budget policies and prepare briefings related to budget activity. * Provide budget responses, reports, and justifications to tasker requests. * Perform financial management analysis to understand current budget environment, actual versus budget execution * Develop programming and budget requirements based on historical data, prior year actuals, new requirements, policies and regulations, and emerging needs. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- TS/SCI CI Polygraph Required.
- 4-6 years FM experience within the DoD/IC.
- Strong cost estimation/analytical skill .
- Strong DoD/IC acquisition experience including FAR/DFAR.
- Knowledge of budget execution, commitment, obligation & expenditure.
- Research, maintain and present budget analysis & briefings to all management levels to support budget decisions.
- Strong communication skills (including written and oral).
- Able to work with the IT systems’ Stakeholders to collect and analyze data.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Budget Analyst
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 040732