General Motors UX Software Developer - Senior - ENG0038115 in Warren, Michigan
Why General Motors?
We are currently undergoing one of the largesttransformations in corporate history driven by societal changes such asurbanization, sustainability, and the sharing economy. We view this disruptionas our opportunity to earn new customers for life by offering them personalmobility solutions that go beyond the traditional purchase of the cars andtrucks they already love. And with a strategy to win, we are focused on fourgame changers: connectivity, autonomous, sharing, and alternative propulsion.
About our future Infotainment team member
You will join a global team of dedicated andforward-thinking individuals committed to zero crashes, zero emissions, andzero congestion. Each day your contributions will help move humanity forward byway of creating an elevated and seamless infotainment experience between ourcustomers and their vehicles which have become an integral part of theirday-to-day lives. Your work will help us deliver world-class andindustry-leading solutions and formulate the bridge between multipledisciplines such as engineering, information technology, technical support, andmarketing.
The GM UX Infotainment Software Group workstranslates high-level requirements anddigital storyboards into interaction flows and artifacts to create beautiful,intuitive, and functional user interfaces for GM vehicle infotainment systems.
The primary job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for Design and Development of In-Vehicle Infotainment HMI software.
- Create reusable software components and standard interfaces for development of HMI software using Java/Android.
- Participate in a midsize, cross-functional team whose primary focus is UI, Embedded development as it relates to Human-Machine Interfaces.
- Use Android Studio tools and XML guidelines for visualizing, specifying, constructing and documenting the User Interface.
- Participation on the workshops and deep dives on the initial UI software design requirements.
- Assist in the performance testing of the HMI systems by helping in defining the testing scenarios to the customer and helping the team in identifying the performance bottlenecks.
- Support for user acceptance testing, coordinate with internal development and customer support teams to define and drive customer expectations and deliverables.
- Mentor development of early career engineers
Provide project leadership
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, math, physics,or any engineering discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a UX software development role
- Strong understanding of Android user interface definition
- Comfortable with image manipulation tools to extract design images
- Ability to debug and understand Android application software
- Comfortable working on an embedded system
- Experience with Android Studio and the following tools: Git, Gerrit,Beyond Compare, Photoshop