General Motors UI/UX Designer - INF0020827 in Warren, Michigan
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK INTHE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
End User Experience Designer
Location: Warren, Mi
The UI/UX Designer needs to have an exceptional eye for design and composition with a major focus on usability for the end user. The User Interface Designer should also have a grasp for the technical sides of design, working with development to ensure that approved designs are executed to perfection. The User Interface Designer must have a solid understanding of software tools like HTML, CSS and JS (Java Script). Expertise with Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and the ability to write a code is essential in User Interface (UI) design. The User Interface Designer needs to understand how their designs affect user experience and strive to develop interfaces that provide a balance between high visual fidelity and technical best practices.
The User Interface Designer must be able to take customer requirements and turn them into Enterprise-level designs while incorporating technical best practices as well. This employee must be able to adapt to changing requirements from the customers, as well as the development team, and revise their designs as needed.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Proven UI Experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS for rapid prototyping.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction?
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
UI designers must be able to create clear and useful designs that can be implemented easily. Designers must demonstrate the ability to work independently without extensive oversight.
Skillset includes Graphic Design, UI/UX Design, HTML, CSS, Illustrator, and Photoshop.