General Motors Take 2 - Career Relaunchers - Material Flow Coordinator - MFE0004992 in Warren, Michigan
About the Take 2 Program
General Motors is looking for experienced professionals who took an employment break of two or more years in their field and are looking to re-launch their careers!
The Take 2 program is a 12-week professional internship through which you’ll polish your skills, acquire new ones, and restore the confidence you need to launch a new phase in your professional journey.
Take advantage of comprehensive training, technical and professional development opportunities, company-wide networking, and personalized mentoring/coaching. Take 2 will prepare you for a full-time career in critical roles at GM, a global leader in the automotive industry!
Are you ready to rise to the challenge, are you Made for More?
The primary role of a Material Flow Coordinator (MFC)at Pre-Production Operations is to function as an intermediary for ourcustomers (the Build Floor, Assembly Plant Launch Teams, Engineers followingtheir programs, etc.) and the Material Operations Team, Launch Managers,Processors, and Quality Engineers. Whenthe Build Floor escalates a part concern, MFC’s investigate to determine theroot cause, engage the appropriate parties, and provide feed forward and feedback. MFC’s in the Warehouse also are ultimatelyresponsible to maintain accurate inventory levels.
·Drive a safety first cultureeverywhere we work.
· Function in a time sensitive environment alwaysensuring that issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
· Proficient in utilizing multiple systems (EMS,EMSWeb, WPT, GPDS, E-Squared, Vis Mock-Up, etc) to research and resolve issues. Identifycreative solutions to systemic issues.
· Require strong customer focus and interpersonalskills.
·Investigate Build Floor concernsand provide timely updates.
·Accurately update Goal Lineinformation in a timely manner on a daily basis.
·Send Outlook updates clarifyingall Material related concerns listed in daily Build Floor EOS reports.
·Conduct effective problem solvingfor Material related concerns and utilize timely feed forward and backward tocommunicate issues and confirm implementation of countermeasures and resolutionof issues. Complete Problem Solving Documents for larger or systemic issues.
·Update various files and trackingmechanisms daily to achieve metrics (Kit Discrepancies, Damaged Parts, Lost/Misdelivered Parts & Kits, Code Blue Spot Buy Disbursements and DeliveryTimes, No Stocks/ Return to Stock, etc.
· InstitutionalizeGMS. Implement GMS core requirements and operating systems to support all teammembers.Ensure Liaison & MFCstandardized work is accurately documented, followed, and signed off.
· Review various reports to scan for potentialinventory inaccuracies (Pull Open Reports, WPT and TAMI Mismatch Reports, BinDiscrepancy Cards, End Of Program Inventory etc), investigate, make anynecessary records adjustments, and escalate any shortages to the Processingteam.
· Investigate and process No Stocks/Lost Parts andmaintain a No Stock Adjustment log.
· Review inventory levels with the support ofWarehouse and work with the Processing team to achieve JIT where feasible.
· Track the flow of Material between PPO and Integratorlocations.
· Engage in driving and supporting Business PlanDeployment (BPD) activities as appropriate.
TechnicalSavvy – utilize various computer applications and systems to research items
Skillusing Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Actionand Detail Oriented
Abilityto quickly build effective relationships
Familiarity with the followingapplications and systems:
EngineeringMaterial Systems (EMS)
WarehouseParts Tracking (WPT)
GlobalProduct Description System (GPDS)
Previousexperience working with union employees