General Motors Sr Product Development Engineer - Instrument Panel Trim, Floor Consoles or Decorative Trim - ENG0038841 in Warren, Michigan
The Senior Product Development Engineer Instrument Panel, Floor Console or Deco Trim is responsible for all activities - including definition of requirements, execution of design, and testing - for the development of Floor Consoles, Instrument Panel Trim or decorative trim. This role requires the exercise of technical direction over other engineers as well as engineering support personnel. In addition, it requires frequent collaboration with peers in the creative design, purchasing, manufacturing, and quality functions.
The Senior Product Development Engineer,Instrument Panel Trim, Floor Consoles or Decorative Trimis also responsible for:
- Generating technical solutions for new programs
- Providing technical leadership for advanced consoles or trim technology development.
- Performing complex design analysis and developing engineering designs.
- Working cross-functionally to implement cost reduction, methods and product improvement, and to support build programs.
- Releasing Instrument Panel, Floor Console or Decorative Trim parts and subsystems for production.
- Communicating information to and from internal and external customer organizations.
- Staying abreast of new technology and competitive products.
Individuals at this level are expected to operate with a high level of independent judgment and are typically responsible for implementing functional strategy, administering and coordinating programs, counseling and advising management. A fully-qualified individual contributor who has thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the function. Provides expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems. Resolves highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research. Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Skilled and proficient with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies mostly on extensive personal experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and likely directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with the engineering design and release of Instrument Panel, Floor Console, Decorative Trim or equivalent experience
- Ability to solve complex technical problems proficiently
- Capacity to manage complex projects, provide accurate time estimates, and allocate resources efficiently
- Comfort in working with multidisciplinary and cross-cultural teams
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and rapid change in a results-driven environment
- Master's degree in Engineering
- 7+ years of automotive or transportation engineering experience
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) – Green belt certification or higher
- Experience with DFMEA and GD&T
- Knowledge of plastic material and tooling