General Motors Software Dev-QA Engineer - ENG0039543 in Warren, Michigan
GM is advancing the sophistication of vehicle infotainment systems at every level of functionality and design. We are developing beautiful intuitive systems that augment driver awareness, enhance occupant safety, and elevate the traveler experience.
The Infotainment Senior Software Dev-QA Engineer will work as part of a global infotainment team to develop various test strategies, test plan and test code/scripts to test infotainment software. Candidate should be good at understanding requirements and translating them to test cases. Candidate should be able to strategize and implement automated functional/integration test cases to ensure 100 percent code coverage. Candidates are expected to have a good understanding of various android testing frameworks like UIAutomator and Expresso along with operational knowledge of various android debugging tools. Knowledge of scripting languages like python is a must. Candidate should be willing to demonstrate and work on innovating new artificial intelligence based testing techniques to improve productivity.
- Perform all necessary testing activities within assigned software projects.
- Work with the test lead, project management, and engineering teams to identify and resolve issues.
- Create and update test plan, ensuring test cases are traceable to requirements.
- Develop and execute test scripts and test cases across multiple platforms and builds.
- Report and log issues into a bug tracking system, including track files and necessary steps to recreate.
- Work to ensure assigned testing tasks are completed on time.
- Ensure status and communication reports are detailed, comprehensive and accurate.
- Ability to understand software requirements and software architectures.
- Display excellent customer service with customers.
- In vehicle testing.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related degree.
- 3-6 years of experience testing software applications, specifically Infotainment.
- Understanding of automotive protocols like CAN/LIN/Broad R Reach
- Understanding of tools to capture and analyze automotive communication logs (VehicleSPY, PeakCAN etc)
- Previous test experience with real-time or embedded applications.
- Knowledge of Android
- Understanding of programming languages:
- C/C++ or Java
- Perl or Python
- Windows and Unix shell scripts,
- Experience with Expresso/UI automator testing framework
- Advanced degree
- Automotive experience
- Experience working on global teams