General Motors SMT Cost Analyst - Product Program Cost Optimization (PPCO) - Finance - FIN0010481 in Warren, Michigan
The SMT Costbook Analyst will manage and lead the material costbook and vendor tooling costbook updates, and perform the consolidation and formatting of cost information across a SMT level. Facilitate the cost inputs and outputs and information required to support achievement of material cost and vendor tooling targets. Provide this information to the Cost Engineers, and Vehicle Systems Engineers in a timely basis (Globally as required).
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage material cost and vendor tooling status updates by providing required inputs/outputs to Cost Engineers and VSEs.
- Effectively communicate, manage, and monitor cadenced SMT material cost updates.
- Accurately update the vendor tooling costbooks.
- Analyze costbooks for completeness and accuracy.
- Develop and deliver SMT material cost information utilizing a common template to Vehicle System Engineers and Program Cost Management.
- Support SMTs as required with analysis and material cost/vendor tooling data (includes cost walk/comparison analysis).
- Regional facilitator, helping other regions obtain SMT level data as well as obtaining SMT data from other regions as required.
- Ability to manage and lead complex projects and assignments with a high level of autonomy and accountability for results.
- Analytical ability, effective communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with local and global team members customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- In-depth understanding of GM Vehicle Development Process.
- Demonstrated ability in use of Microsoft Office software and Web applications.
- In-depth understanding of GM systems (GPDS, APM, GPS, SharePoint, AMPL/ELB, VCAMS).
This SMT Costbook Analyst position requires strong leadership skills and project aptitude as it relates to Total SMT Cost, Tracking Models and the Costbooks as they relate to SMT targets. The work in the SMT Analyst role involves a high level of independent judgment, initiative, creativity, and the overseeing of multiple Cost Engineering projects that focus specifically on developing and articulating cost estimates.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Manage VCAMS and TM1 relative to the assigned SMT area of the Costbooks.
- Multi task not only assignments but work with multiple GM processes (as GM evolves by program; SharePoint Potentials to AMPL/ELB to The Edge).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance or related technical field
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience, in Cost Engineering or related field
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA)