General Motors Senior Software Test Engineer - ENG0038233 in Warren, Michigan
Do you imagine a world of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion? We do. We place our customers at the center of everything we do and we are creating vehicles that move humanity to that goal. The capability of our infotainment systems is the core connection between the vehicle and the traveler. We areadvancing the sophistication of vehicle infotainment systems at every level of functionality and design to develop beautiful intuitive systems that augment driver awareness, enhance occupant safety, and elevate the traveler experience.
Sound like the coolest job on the planet? Come join us and be part of a smart collaborative team working to create flawless beautiful infotainment systems for our next generation vehicles.
This is a software quality assurance lead role where you will contribute to the development of embedded software for GM Infotainment components. This includes development of media services, navigation services and various other vehicle ECUs software.The Infotainment QA Engineer will work as an integral member of a global software development team to perform local test activities pertaining to infotainment and multimedia systems. The ideal candidate will create and execute test cases and preferably automated test scripts to demonstrate adherence to specifications.
- Perform all necessary testing activities within assigned software projects.
This work includes collaborating tightly with the software development team to perform:
- Partial/Full Regression
- Specific tests focused on deltas or changes
- Verification of fixed/resolved issues
- Feature acceptance tests
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) tests
- Integration tests
- In vehicle testing
Create and update test specifications, ensuring test cases are traceable to requirements
- Creates automated test scripts using common scripting languages and frameworks.
- Execute test cases across multiple platforms and software builds.
- Report and log issues into a defect tracking system, including logs, recreation steps, video and any other supporting documentation.
- Work with the engineering teams to identify, triage and resolve issues.
- Work to ensure assigned testing tasks are completed on time.
- Applies specifications, user guides, use cases, comparable products, and previous known bugs to create and maintain test plans, test designs, and test cases.
- Identifies software issues and enters into issue tracking system with supporting log files and data.
- Participates in internal and customer test workshops and drives.
- Provides technical support for the resolution of various internal and customer issues.
- Performs setup of tools/modules/wiring and maintains test benches and test vehicles appropriately.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience testing embedded software applications, specifically Infotainment.
- Ability to understand software requirements and software architectures
- Working knowledge of tools and procedures related to Android system testing.
- Working knowledge of SDLC, functional and non-functional software testing, and various test design methodologies (function, performance, stress, load, risk-based, scenario, etc.).
- At least one scripting language (Perl, Python, etc.).
- Defect tracking tools (Bugzilla, etc.).
- Test management tools (TestRail, RQM, Quality Center, Silk Central, etc.).
- Configuration Management tools (GIT, Perforce, etc.).
- Previous test/development experience with real-time or embedded applications.
- Detail oriented and ability to follow through on tasks.
- Experience utilizing agile software development process
- Demonstrated experience with languages: C/C++, Java, Perl, Python, Windows and Unix shell scripts.
- Exposure to Android, Apple Carplay.
- Software development experience in POSIX, QNX, or Embedded Linux OS environments
- Experience working in a team environment using Agile software methodologies.
- Working knowledge of embedded software systems.
- Experience working with automotive infotainment systems.
- Software testing training and conferences (STAR, ISTQB, etc.).
- Experience in developing, testing, and deploying products in global markets