General Motors Senior Software Developer - In Test - ENG0038230 in Warren, Michigan
Why General Motors?
We are currently undergoingone of the largest transformations in corporate history driven by societalchanges such as urbanization, sustainability, and the sharing economy. We viewthis disruption as our opportunity to earn new customers for life by offeringthem personal mobility solutions that go beyond the traditional purchase of thecars and trucks they already love. And with a strategy to win, we are focusedon four game changers: connectivity, autonomous, sharing, and alternativepropulsion.
About our future Embedded Software Developer, Infotainment teammember
You will join a global team ofdedicated and forward-thinking individuals committed to zero crashes, zeroemissions, and zero congestion. Each day your contributions will help movehumanity forward by way of creating an elevated and seamless infotainmentexperience between our customers and their vehicles which have become anintegral part of their day-to-day lives. Your work will help us deliverworld-class and industry-leading solutions and formulate the bridge betweenmultiple disciplines such as engineering, information technology, technicalsupport, and marketing.
Our newest team member will beresponsible for the development and execution of automated testing in the areasof infotainment and multimedia systems. Additional responsibilities include butare not limited to:
- Perform all necessary testing activities withinassigned software projects.
This work includes collaborating tightly withthe software development team to perform:
- Specifictests focused on deltas or changes
- Verificationof fixed/resolved issues
- Featureacceptance tests
- KeyPerformance Indicator (KPI) tests
- Invehicle testing
Create and update test specifications, ensuringtest cases are traceable to requirements
- Creates automated test scripts using commonscripting languages and frameworks.
- Execute test cases across multiple platforms andsoftware builds.
- Report and log issues into a defect trackingsystem, including logs, recreation steps, video and any other supportingdocumentation.
- Work with the engineering teams to identify,triage and resolve issues.
- Work to ensure assigned testing tasks arecompleted on time.
- Applies specifications, user guides, use cases,comparable products, and previous known bugs to create and maintain test plans,test designs, and test cases.
- Identifies software issues and enters into issuetracking system with supporting log files and data.
- Participates in internal and customer testworkshops and drives.
- Provides technical support for the resolution ofvarious internal and customer issues.
- Performs setup of tools/modules/wiring andmaintains test benches and test vehicles appropriately.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering,Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience testing embedded softwareapplications, specifically Infotainment.
- Ability to understand software requirements andsoftware architectures
- Working knowledge of tools and proceduresrelated to Android system testing.
- Working knowledge of SDLC, functional andnon-functional software testing, and various test design methodologies(function, performance, stress, load, risk-based, scenario, etc.).
- At least one scripting language (Perl, Python,etc.).
- Defect tracking tools (Bugzilla, etc.).
- Test management tools (TestRail, RQM, QualityCenter, Silk Central, etc.).
- Configuration Management tools (GIT, Perforce,etc.).
- Previous test/development experience withreal-time or embedded applications.
- Detail oriented and ability to follow through ontasks.
- Experience utilizing agile software developmentprocess
- Demonstrated experience with languages: C/C++,Java, Perl, Python, Windows and Unix shell scripts.
- Exposure to Android, Apple Carplay.
- Software development experience in POSIX, QNX,or Embedded Linux OS environments
- Experience working in a team environment usingAgile software methodologies.
- Working knowledge of embedded software systems.
- Experience working with automotive infotainmentsystems.
- Software testing training and conferences (STAR,ISTQB, etc.).
- Experience in developing, testing, and deployingproducts in global markets