General Motors Senior Developer - Java - ENG0038582 in Warren, Michigan
Do you imagine a world of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion? We do. We place our customers at the center of everything we do and we are creating vehicles that move humanity to that goal. The capability of our infotainment systems is the core connection between the vehicle and the traveler. We are advancing the sophistication of vehicle infotainment systems at every level of functionality and design to develop beautiful intuitive systems that augment driver awareness, enhance occupant safety, and elevate the traveler experience.
Sound like the coolest job on the planet? Come join us and be part of a smart collaborative team working to create flawless beautiful infotainment systems for our next generation vehicles.
- Knowledgeof multiple application architectures – web and non-web
- Proactivelyengage and lead remediation of software issues such as code quality, patternmismatch, and security related to the code/configuration
- Analyzingand evaluating internal developed applications
- Providecurrent best practice and 3rd Party solution alternatives as part of thefunctional design document
- Desire to innovate in spite ofambiguity
- IsHands-On with, and aware of, multiple development techniques across multipleinfrastructure environments
- Bachelor’sdegree in engineering, computer science, math, or physics from an accredited institution
- 5– 10 years of full-stack software development in using various languages likeJAVA, C++, etc.
- PerformedUnit Testing of the application architecture frameworks and supportingfunctionality
- Atleast 3 years of experience with application architecture and solution developmentwith JEE(J2EE)
- At-least5 years of experience performing conceptual and technical designs, includingthe use of object oriented analysis and design techniques, SOA, BPM, interfacesand reports
- At-least5 years of backend – DB2, Oracle, SQL experience with database design expertise
- At-least3 years of High level of User interface understanding and implementationexperience for web based applications
- Experiencewith Middleware implementations
- Knowledgeof code quality analysis tools; examples include code coverage, codeduplication, cyclomatic complexity, dependency analysis, and coding standards
- 5+years’ experience working with Applications developed using JAVA
- Experiencein web application development, web architecture, web services etc.
- Shouldhave in-depth knowledge of application servers (i.e. WebLogic, Websphere,JBoss, Tomcat)
- 5+years of JAVA development experience
- Experienceworking in an embedded environmnet
- 5+years of J2EE (JEE) based architectures and applications development
- Experiencewith SQL, Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP and JSON)