General Motors Safety Performance Integration Engineer - ENG0037209 in Warren, Michigan
The Sensing Performance Engineer is responsible for the development of airbag sensing calibrations that satisfy occupant injury performance requirements and immunity targets for applicable events. Sensing roles include:
- Front impact, side impact, and rear impact
- Pedestrian Impact Sensing
- Occupant Detection for Airbag suppression
- Uses CAE to generate data for early calibrations.
- Works with Safety PIT to develop reasonable deploy time objectives.
- Works with supplier to provide data, prioritize events and develop calibrations.
- Assesses potential vehicle changes for effect on sensing performance.
- Documents sensing performance and contributes to the format used for sensing reports.
- Presents performance to key members of Safety Performance Acceptance Committee (PAC) and participates in reviews by other team members.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering.
- 2+ years of professional engineering experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the Vehicle Development Process.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with others including global partners.
- Working knowledge of how automotive component parts are manufactured.
- Working knowledge of vehicle assembly.
- Working knowledge of Performance integration.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Performance Integration related applications.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to apply understanding of automotive engineering terms.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Working knowledge of CAE
- 3+ years of demonstrated proficiency with Performance engineering or related experience.