General Motors Operational Excellence - Master Black Belt - ADM0003247 in Warren, Michigan
Why General Motors, Why Operational Excellence?
At GM, we've charged ourselves to design, build and sell theworld’s best vehicles. We see a world with zero crashes, zero emissions andzero congestion, and our people are the driving force behind making this areality. In order to achieve our goals, we're currently undergoing one of thelargest transformations in the history of US corporate business.
Operational Excellence (OpEx) is a cultural shift within GMthat empowers and inspires employees to take action and embrace the mindsetthat, "Everything can be made better." We operate as a dynamic teamof employees from all levels and departments who work together to identify andmake improvements with the goals of raising customer satisfaction andincreasing savings in time and money.
OpEx utilizes a proven, collaborative, and data-drivenapproach that confronts employee suggested business issues and implementssolutions. Business units work with a combination of proprietary tools,processes, and trained advocates to assemble cross-functional teams that tapinto their varied skillsets to discover and act on new ways to enhance work.
"No longer are we a company of 'best efforts.' Today,we are delivering on our commitments, holding ourselves accountable, and doingwhat we say we are going to do. We are increasingly focused on transparency,speed, candor, and a relentless desire to win."
- Mary Barra, Chairman and CEO of General Motors
About the Master Black Belt Position
In this role, you will be responsible to bring new andinnovative ideas to drive the strategic development, deployment and continuousimprovement of processes with the end goal of increased business capabilities,customer satisfaction, and quality. Master Black Belts are relentless in wowingtheir clients and exceeding their needs. As such, you will be charged to workseamlessly with Executive Champions, Business Leaders, and Stakeholders acrossthe ecosystem to determine scope of projects, define and schedule resourceplans in addition to outlining the deployment strategy, goals, and priorities. OurMaster Black Belts are experts in communicating process, status, and issues.
In addition to the application of your technical mastery,your expertise will be leveraged to train, coach, and mentor the future ofOperational Excellence. In concert, you will be simultaneously contributing tothe greater body of shared knowledge, including; best practices, innovativesolutions, and efficient strategies.
In short, we're currently seeking the next generation ofgame-changers to help usher in a new age of automotive innovation. Are youready to rise to the challenge?
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, or transactional areas.
- Experience in Process Improvement, Business Operations, or Project/Program Management.
- Successfully led transactional, proactive, and/or reactive projects using continuous improvement methodologies such as Shainin or Red X and the effective application of Lean and/or Six Sigma tools through DMAIC, DMADV, and/or DFSS methodologies.
- Experience using statistical software tools such as Tableu, Minitab, or Jump.
- This position requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis.
Leadership and Change Agent.
- Strong focus on execution.
- Ability to build and promote organizational change management initiatives.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to simplify strategy into simple actions.
Mentor, Coaching, and Relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach in the practical application of continuous improvement tools to drive significant business impact and culture.
- Experience building, empowering, and leading talented cross functional teams.
Productivity and Collaboration Tools.
- Proficient with using advanced tools in standard Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and/or Visio).