General Motors ME Ergonomics Engineer (Future Program-Ergonomist) - MFE0005105 in Warren, Michigan
At the new GeneralMotors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’sbest vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and isthe hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s bestvehicle scan only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in theprocess of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the ChevyVolt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching sixcontinents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23-time zones. Fromdesigning and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehiclesand technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members arevalued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who arelooking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
Provide technicalergonomics support for GM Global Manufacturing Engineering IntegrationErgonomics Group. Implement common GM design-in ergonomic process duringvehicle/stamping and powertrain development process for new productprograms. Required to learn and use GM’s digital human modeling tool –Classic Jack for math based analysis. Use lessons learned from other newproduct programs and manufacturing plant to help determine decisions. This position requires the need to assimilate data from many sources, and applyboth practical and technical problem-solving techniques. Decisions are tobe made within the limits of general practices, policies, and procedures.
MAJORDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Provide technicalsupport for New & Major programs as assigned. Ensure theErgonomics requirements are implemented throughout the duration of all newvehicle and powertrain programs.
- Perform analysis & evaluation of operations, interpret specifications and guidelines, and provide technical recommendations to all requisite functions. Track open ergonomics issues to closure and coordinate follow-up through appropriate engineering team.
- Use 3D Virtual Digital Human Model (DHM) Simulations to ensure technical ergonomic options are understood and acceptable for implementation on either new programs or focus factory applications.
- Provide communication "bridge" between plant ergonomics and Central Office/Headquarters engineering activities by bringing current plant ergonomics issues to the appropriate design and manufacturing engineers.
- Participate and lead as appropriate specific ergonomics initiatives/projects as needed.
- Provide timely written reports and updates on specific ergonomics projects
- Other contributions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- Course work in ergonomics or degree in ergonomics, human kinetics or related ergonomics degree (Preferred)
- 1-2 years of industrial experience in manufacturing. (Preferred).
- Automotive experience (Preferred).
- 1 year proficiency with ergonomic analytical tools. (Preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan and execute manufacturing and/or ergonomic manufacturing projects. (Required)
- AutoCAD and CAD/UG working with 3 Dimensional Human Modeling Simulation or advance computer skills. (Preferred).
- High level of interpersonal, oral and written communication skills-ability to interact with all levels of the organization. (Required).
- High level of analytical ability and problem solving skills (Required).
- Demonstrated ability to work well with multiple customers at the same time (Required)
- Demonstrated ability to work with the UAW and other unions.(Preferred).
- Ability to travel is required.