General Motors Design Release Engineer Driveline Controls - ENG0039593 in Warren, Michigan
Design Release Engineer - Suspension and Driveline Control Module
Opportunity for an experienced engineer to become a Design Release Engineer the Suspension & Driveline Controls organization.
Responsible for specifying requirements, execution and evaluation of designs, analysis, development, testing and control of major engineering projects where creativity and initiative are involved as well as a high level of independent judgment.
• Exercises technical direction over other engineers or engineering support personnel (including supplier residents). Gathers, specifies, and balances system requirements to engineer component and subsystem level solutions to meet vehicle program imperatives.
• Generates technical solutions for current, new, and major programs
• Provides technical leadership for advanced technology development
• Implements engineering changes
• Identifies, tracks, and resolves engineering issues
• Plans and implements test and/or development programs
• Releases parts and subsystems for production
• Communicates, coordinates, and consults with engineering departments (i.e. Cybersecurity, Electrical Architecture, Functional Safety etc.), manufacturing, suppliers, and customers
• Monitors performance through analyzing warranty data, investigating verbatims with company drivers, and leading meetings for quality and reliability.
• Travels as required
•Experience in engineering field working independently and effectively with others
•Bachelor Degree in one of the following areas: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science
•Five plus years of engineering experience
- Experience in Design Release Engineer RoleExperience in the GM product release and specification process
- Cross functional interface/work experience
Knowledge in areas of:
- Microcontroller architectures, memory technologies, and programming
- Chassis electronic systems
- OBD-II Diagnostics and Functional Safety
- Hardware design and failure modes in electronic modules
- Vehicle serial data communications (i.e. CAN, GMLAN, & LIN)
- Software, Algorithm, and Hardware requirements and verification/validation processes
This position requires the ability to legally operatea motor vehicle on a regular basis