General Motors Design Quality Execution Lead - CRE0001226 in Warren, Michigan
About the Role
This positionis responsible to lead Visual Quality development and refinement of component to component integration by providing execution requirements early in the Global Vehicle Development Process, along with providing solutions that define high quality visual design integration.
Develop and maintain strategic relationships with Program Team and cross functional organizations.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with Program Team and cross functional organizations.
- Ensure that Design Quality Execution requirements are integrated into criteria, typical, Design Execution Sections to support initial Design Release math fidelity
- Translate solutions into 2D and 3D to demonstrate visual requirements
- Establish and Lead issue resolution reviews & escalate when resolution is not resolved in a timely manner
- Benchmark current product developments and trends relevant to program needs
- Build strong relationships with fellow Design Quality staff both locally and globally to share lessons learned, create opportunities for improvement, etc.
- Actively engage in identifying new areas for learning and share across team
Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly Proficient in UGNX, and TeamCenter applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to foster innovation and creative ways of thinking to ensure new ways of operating are developed.
- Understanding of vehicle development processes
- Working knowledge of Product and Manufacturing Engineering Processes and Requirements: Metal forming, SMC processing. Injection Molding, Texturing
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Bill of Process - Body Shop Assembly, Fabrication, Metal Forming, Paint & Sealing and General Assembly
- High level of analytical and problem-solving ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Ability to identify and demonstrate visual quality issues using virtual design tools
- Ability to understand and interpret reverse engineering
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- A high level of project management skills
- Ability to multi task and deal with a diverse portfolio of work
- Ability to adapt to changing job-related concepts and complexities
- Self-motivating ability to work with minimal direction
- Strong ability to work independently, and effectively with others Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Prefer 3+ years’ experience working on Design or Engineering of Vehicle Exteriors/Interiors