General Motors Creative Designer - User Experience - CRE0001235 in Warren, Michigan
Work somewhat independently to develop new designs for interiorcomponents and interfaces in automotive vehicles or other products wheredecisions are made with general practices and standards. Follow the designprocess from the sketch form to the final release of model. Support world-classquality execution of innovative exterior and interior production programs andconcepts. Integrate customer focused needs and brand differentiation into all aestheticproposals.
- Create original design ideas
- Make perspective sketches and renderings in scale and full sizesufficient to communicate new design ideas
- Develop two and three-dimensional mock-ups of proposed designsolutions
- Work with studio engineers, modelers, other designers and serviceand fabrication personnel in the development of new ideas in both two andthree-dimensional form to required finish
- Stay current with design trends
- Present new thoughts and designs both orally and visually
- Assist supervision and other designers in coordinating designactivities
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group
Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage oflearning opportunities
Ability to create and communicate new ideas
- Good understanding of form
- Good drawing and graphic skills
- Demonstrated creative proficiency with supporting portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Analytical ability where problems are somewhat complex
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-relatedareas required
Bachelor’s degree with a major in Industrial Design or relatedfield
This job requires a portfolio be submitted. We cannot consider your applicationwithout a portfolio.
Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure that your portfolio getsmatched up with your on line job application.
1. Save your portfolio as a pdf document
2. Name your portfolio your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. Example: Candidate name isJohn Smith. Portfolio pdf file name is: Smith, John.pdf
3. Email your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. In the subject line put the following: “Portfolio for CRE00001235” andnothing else.
You may also include separate resume or CV documents. We recommend that you alsoname these in the same format as your portfolio so that nothing is lost.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP NOW ORIN THE FUTURE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDERCANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.