General Motors Creative Designer - GMC Interiors - CRE0001230 in Warren, Michigan
This is an entry level GMC branded Creative Designer opportunity focused on Interiors. Create fresh, innovative designs forInteriors of GMC Brand vehicles or other products utilizing electronic designtools. Coordinate the work of other design personnel to achieve design goals.Follow design process from the sketch form to the final release clay model.Work duties involve a considerable amount of perception, design taste, judgmentand creativity as well as a definite degree of skill, accuracy, andcoordination. Provide insight and recommendations to supervisors and leadershipwhile possessing willingness and acumen to act upon general guidance.
- Makes perspective sketches and renderings in scale and full sizesufficient to communicate new design ideas
- Develops two and three-dimensional mock-ups of proposed designsolutions
- Works with studio engineers, modelers, other designers, andservice and fabrication personnel in the development of new ideas in both twoand three-dimensional form
- Makes presentations of new thoughts and designs, both orally andvisually
- In the absence of the assistant chief designer, may be called uponto give leadership and direction to lower classified designers
- Frequent contact with cross functional partners outside the workgroup
- Experience working with Premium brands is a plus
- Ability to communicate new ideas
- Good understanding of form
- Good drawing skills
- Demonstrated creative proficiency
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing electronictools to communicate 2-D ideations
- Oral and written communications skills
- Relatively high level of analytical ability whereproblems are complex
- Demonstrated ability to work independently withothers
- Competent interpersonal skills and the aptitudeto work effectively with others
- Knowledge of computer and ability to effectivelyuse as it pertains to engineering
PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
This job requires a portfolio be submitted. We cannot consider your applicationwithout a portfolio.
Please follow the instructions carefully to insure that your portfolio getsmatched up with your on line job application.
1. Save your portfolio as a pdf document
2. Name your portfolio your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. Example: Candidate name isJohn Smith. Portfolio pdf file name is: Smith, John.pdf
3. Email your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. In the subject line put the following: “Portfolio for CRE0001230” andnothing else.
You may also include separate resume or CV documents. We recommend that youalso name these in the same format as your portfolio so that nothing is lost.
Education and Training
- Bachelor degree with a major in transportationdesign, industrial design, or a related field
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP NOW ORIN THE FUTURE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDERCANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.