General Motors Creative Designer - Color & Trim - CRE0001227 in Warren, Michigan
CREATIVE DESIGNER – COLOR & TRIM
***Please note, you must submit a Portfolio to be considered for this positon – See Instructions Below***
Color & Trim Description Details
Are you a highly creative design individual who has a passion for the world of trends, color and materials? Be part of one of the most exciting design studios in the world. Based in Warren, Michigan where the fusion of Art, Design and Technology come together, General Motors North America has an exciting opportunity for the right designer.
As a designer on the GM Color & Trim team, you are part of a larger connected global design team working on leading, world class products in production design.
Your role is to see the future - researching, designing and creating proposals that demonstrate innovative color, materials and decor and texture ideas from concept to implementation for automotive application. Understanding brand and strategy as the filter, you generate world class color & trim design concepts for interiors and exteriors of automotive product in both 2D and 3D proposals. You must have exceptional visualization skills and can communicate your ideas to an audience. You have no problem refining ideas as you receive feedback. Working as part of a team you interface with multiple creative and non-creative stakeholders including suppliers to execute ideas and deliver world class products.
You have a passion for design, innovation and are highly creative as demonstrated in your portfolio. With a Bachelor’s Degree you have a major in Design (Automotive Design, Fashion Design, Industrial Design, Product Design, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Architecture or Textile Design). You have a minimum 1-5 years of experience in a design related field, automotive is desired but not essential. A sympathetic understanding of 3D design surface language is highly regarded and high proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator is essential.
You’re driven and eager to propel your career forward. A self-starter, your sophisticated communication skills will enable you to effortlessly build relationships. Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity, you thrive in a team environment and display a strong ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
Take your next step in joining a world class design studio at General Motors.
- Design of texture, color, material and soft -trim designs into cohesive well resolved production ready design solutions
- Uses sound creative judgment to develop - original, innovative, fresh 2D and 3D designs appropriate to program requirements and design leadership by working as part of a team with internal GM stakeholders, external stakeholders and suppliers
- Revise, refine and track design proposals. Prepare documentation, presentations and prototypes to program timing and communicating as required
- Pays particular attention to understanding brand and customer requirements
- Keeps abreast of competitive benchmarking, trends, material and technology research
- Coordinate and participate in meetings as required
- Attend shows and supplier showrooms as required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (Preferably Automotive Design, Fashion Design, Industrial Design, Product Design, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Architecture or Textile Design)
- 1-5 years of applicable experience
- Highly proficient Photoshop/Illustrator/Microsoft Office/InDesign
- Preferred experience with VRED
Portfolio Requirements & Submission Process
- Must demonstrate out of box creative thinking and sound design judgment
- Must demonstrate conceptual ideation drawings and process to resolution
- Must demonstrate inspiration and thoughts and relevance to project outcome
- Must demonstrate, trend, theme and customer mood boards with high level graphic layouts
- Must demonstrate color palettes and execution
- Must demonstrate Photoshop and Illustrator
- Must demonstrate sound understanding of 2D proposals to 3D concepts
***This job requires a portfolio be submitted. We will not consider your application without a portfolio***
Please follow the instructions carefully to insure that your portfolio gets matched to your online application created when you apply to this posting.
- Save your Portfolio as a PDF document
- Name your Portfolio: Last Name, First Name – Example Candidate name John Smith – Portfolio PDF file name is Smith, John.pd
- Email your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org – In the subject line type – “Portfolio for CRE0001227”
*You may also include a separate resume in your email but please formally apply to this posting as well.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP NOW ORIN THE FUTURE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDERCANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.