General Motors Compartment Manufacturing Engineer - MFE0005152 in Warren, Michigan
Responsible for ensuring new vehicle product designs are manufacturable as well as in compliance to manufacturingrequirements and General Assembly strategies. Provides a consistent voice of Manufacturing to Product Engineering for a given global architecture/style.
· Understand product design and communicate manufacturing requirements to product engineering.
· Communicate product info & requirements to Arch Leads and Program Execution.
· Enforce compliance to General Assembly Strategies
· Execute & Verify Manufacturing Requirements
· Follow the Advanced Program Health Check (APHC) process for issue tracking and escalation
· Resolve issues with Product Engineering and Global Manufacturing Engineering
· Escalate deviations at Leadership Calls
· Conduct virtual studies/assessments throughout Vehicle Development Process
· Initiate / Conduct program Level 2 PFMEA workshops
· Participate in product peer reviews (ePeer Process)
· Document process & tooling requirements for regional execution and ensure compliance by all executing assembly plants
· Drive product designs with the lowest Base Engineered Content (BEC) and participate in BEC reduction workshops
· Communicate Lessons Learned to Global Technical Integration Engineers (TIEs)
· Develop & communicate program compartment level 2 build sequence
· Identify and communicate potential ergo issues to program ergonomist
· Attend IVER builds (mandatory) and Assembly Plant builds (as required)
· Act as IRT co-chair during IVER builds at PPO
· Act as the Global IRT co-chair and drive common solutions across the regions
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Equivalent Experience
Required Skills, Abilities and Experiences:
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Ability to make complex concepts/issues easily understood by non-proficient English speaking peers
Strong VIS Mockup skills
ME Experience (Program Execution or Assembly Plant)
Knowledge of MEGA process and GM Systems, including MPS, VAA, MRDB, E2, Stature, GLP, VDP, PRTS, and LMS.
Preferred Skills, Abilities and Experiences:
Prior experience as an AVDC ME ("MSIE" or "CME")
Global assignment or prior experience on a global program