General Motors Cell Technical Specialist - Li-Ion Batteries - GPS0003800 in Warren, Michigan
Technical Specialist – Li-Ion Batteries
* Role and Responsibilities: *
- Technical expert responsible for the development of lithium ion battery solutions for hybrid and electric vehicle applications.
- Responsible for specifying requirements, execution and evaluation of product and process designs, analysis, development, of major engineering projects where creativity and initiative are involved as well as a high level of independent judgment
- Work with suppliers to develop Lithium Ion battery solutions for GM portfolio of hybrid and electric vehicles
- Conduct production assessments and qualify suppliers through detailed engineering capability studies to produce high quality high volume battery solutions
- Analyze battery performance data as it relates to new battery materials and production processes
- Run design of experiments (DOE) to optimize chemical formulations and process changes
- Specifies and balances battery manufacturing requirements vs. process capability
- Plans and implements test and/or development programs
- Communicates, coordinates, and consults with engineering departments and customers
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products and processes
- Travels as required
- Electrochemistry or Chemical Engineering advanced degree and background
- 5+ years in of product development and/or process development for Lithium Ion Batterie
- Understanding of process development for lithium ion batteries including: manufacturing for mixing and coating of electrode films, winding,packaging,formation
- Strong knowledge of battery integration needs for mobile transportation applications, specifically using Li-Ion or NiMH technology.
- Demonstrated Global experience working directly with battery supply base.
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. electro-chemistry, mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods) within job-related area
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Candidate should have one of the following engineering degrees:
- BSE, BS in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering,
- Chemistry, Metallurgical Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering or equivalent training
- Experience with automotive PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) quality processes
- Business Strategy training or management of technology experience.
- Direct work experience for more than one battery manufacturer