General Motors Body Control Module (BCM) - Software Strategist - VEH0004372 in Warren, Michigan
As a a Software Strategist you will be responsible for major deliveries of production level body control modules software – so in a sense you get to put your “fingerprint” on the software that is production level for new architecture that is coming along. You’d not only gain experience in the BCM Software you’re responsible for but you’d get exposure to the overall vehicle. This give you exposure to several groups around GM and the ability to interface with not only different kinds of engineers but other management as well. Being hands on is integral for this position. This is in the larger group of Body/HVAC/Passive Safety Electronics and Controls but more specifically to include the BCM for exterior lighting and all other features and functions.
- Design and release of Body Control Module software.
- Create and maintain software functional component specifications.
- Create and maintain subsystem technical specifications.
- Prepare software timing plans that ensure all program requirements and MRD dates are met with appropriate level of software.
- Participate in Product Development Team (PDT) meetings to coordinate the development and integration of products into the vehicle.
- Represent your components at Vehicle Program Team and Management meetings when requested.
- Approve and author Engineering Work Orders (EWOs) to release software and calibrations.
Education and Training
- Bachelor Degree in one of the following areas: Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- DFSS Certification
- Minimum 2 years experience in applying microprocessor based controllers to automotive vehicle electrical systems
- Knowledge of microcontroller architectures, memory technologies, and programming
- High level understanding of hardware design and failure modes in electronic modules
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle serial data communications (CAN, GMLAN, LIN,)
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and comprehending software/hardware requirements
- High level knowledge of software verification/validation processes
- In-depth knowledge of embedded software development, testing and associated tools (Statemate, Rhapsody)
- In-depth knowledge of software algorithm design and software architecture
- Capability to translate text based functional requirements into software algorithms and models
- This position requires legally operating a motor vehicle on a daily basis