Grant Thornton LLP Transaction Services Strategic Solutions Integration and Separation Director in United States
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Transaction Services – Strategic Solutions Integration and Separation Manager
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. Transaction services creates value. Our Transaction Services (TS) delivery model includes the entire transaction lifecycle enabling engagement opportunities throughout the lifetime of a deal. TS services includes Diligence, Corporate Value Consulting, Strategic Solutions and Tax
Grant Thornton seeks a Manager to join its Transaction Services Strategic Solutions Integration and Separation practice and take an active role in assisting our clients during mergers, acquisitions and divestitures through effective analysis, project management practices, communications, and change management processes.
Grant Thornton’sTransaction Services Strategic Solutions Teamis comprised of professionals across service offerings in: * Corporate Advisory, including Business diligence, performance improvement, turnaround and restructuring and interim management * Integration & Separation * Transaction Accounting Services * Capital Markets OurStrategic Solutions Integration and Separation Teamhelps clients identify critical success factors and develop a roadmap from planning to execution in both buy side and sell side transactions, assists with implementing the comprehensive Integration and Separation plans. At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional and cutting-edge project management approaches and methods to a variety of analyses required in Integration and Separation activities. As part of our team, the Manager will utilize these methodologies and models to execute client projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities * Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements. * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, and quality review and client management. * Engage and implement necessary methods and processes related to the needs of the engagement. * Ensure client understanding and required participation in the process in order to deliver on content and time commitments. * Communicate project plans and deliverables to client. * Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; focus in Business Administration, Finance or Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
- 6 to 10 years of relevant experience in communications planning and/or execution, project management planning and/or execution, program management, stakeholder engagement, financial and operational diligence.
- Experience working in separation transactions, conducting interdependency assessments, stand-alone cost assessments, TSA scope and development, Day 1 readiness, stranded cost assessments, scenario planning for TSA migration and leading/working within the Transition Management Office (TMO).
- Experience working in integration transactions designing the integration blueprint, preparing detailed transition planning, engaging the people, mitigating risk, Day 1 readiness and leading/working within the Integration Management Office (IMO).
- Expertise with assessment techniques and tools to create project roadmap.
- Excellent core consulting skills in interviewing, writing and communicating orally.
- Experience in or exposure to developing training strategies and plans.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be willing to take initiative, be proactive on engagements, and be decisive.
- Comfortable presenting information to large groups of people, facilitating meetings and leading group discussions.
- Ability to analyze large sets of data and communicate findings to others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel, Project).
- Assist PPMD’s on proposals and business development calls.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work efforts in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Creativity exhibited in developing and executing communications materials.
- Ability to execute tasks independently with minimal guidance from senior management.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Availability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed. BENEFITS
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the United States with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India. Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Transaction Services Strategic Solutions Integration and Separation Director
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 040453