ZF Engineer II - Projects (Packaging Logistics) in United States
Position Summary: Works integrally with external and internal technicians/engineers and other plant personnel on the development of new and the analysis of existing automation and material handling/storage equipment to continuously improve material flow.
• Leads projects to implement automation and material handling/storage equipment to improve material flow.
• Contributes to the development of material handling/storage equipment.
• Defines requirements and ensures technical fulfillment as well as budget adherence.
• Selects vendors and leads the implementation of equipment in the facility.
• Develops material handling/storage solutions to improve processes and/or to reduce costs/investments.
• Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, material flow/storage, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
• Contributes to the technical design of automation and other material handling/storage equipment.
• Responsible for the implementation of the equipment on the floor from delivery to hand off to logistics/production.
• Ensures budget adherence during the implementation process.
• Confers with planning and design staff of vendor concerning product design to ensure efficient material handling/storage methods.
• Determines product specifications for the purchase of equipment or materials, according to specifications and quality standards.
• Contacts potential suppliers and makes the final technical decision.
• Follows the evolution of the equipment and performs acceptance evaluation accordingly.
• Responsible for documentation, preventive maintenance plans, and training.
• Estimates staffing requirements, and related costs on old and new equipment to provide information for management decisions.
• Confers with management, vendors and other plant personnel regarding logistics capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Supports and improves day to day material flow and storage.
• Involvement in team meetings with material handling staff and other plant personnel to help determine and develop areas of improvement.
• Responsible for creating procedures, PFMEA’s, and work flows in an effort to meeting TS 16949 requirements.
• Leads projects for existing and new logistics and material handling processes using Lean principles to meet timing and budget as well as performance.
• Understand and comply with TS 16949 and ISO 14000 requirements.
• Supports and complies with established Company’s Corporate Principles.
• Other duties as it relates to this position.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• 4+ year’s relevant Engineering experience.
• Must have a minimum of four (4) years of hands-on material flow and/or storage equipment problem solving experience.
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft and CAD software.
• Capable of making sound decisions in a timely manner.
• Excellent communications capabilities with both verbal and written means.
• Good time management and prioritizing skills.
Preferred Skills and experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Industrial Engineering (BSIE) strongly preferred.
• Five (5) plus years engineering experience with an automotive company.
• Prior experience in manufacturing environment, plant layout, cost analyst, budgeting, blueprint reading.
• Prior experience in layout and material flow planning, automation, material handling/storage equipment.
Reporting to Position: N/A
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.