Stryker Advanced Guided Technologies Regional Sales Manager - Remote in Texas
Position will hire/manage sales professionals across the US, who are responsible for selling Stryker’s ENT navigation products. Products include capital ENT navigation as well as base products like disposables and service contracts for ENT navigation. Strong desire for candidate to lead cross business unit strategy and communication to partner with Stryker’s AGT/ENT portfolios.
Designs, develops and implements sales programs to meet the organization's business objectives. Plans, directs and coordinates the efforts of sales toward the accomplishment of objectives.
This is a management position that contributes and achieves results through others. The role is responsible for managing subordinates in professional jobs or managing through subordinate managers / supervisors or is a leader of process that achieves results through others, whom are not direct reports. Job requires comprehensive understanding of the concepts and principles in their discipline. The requirement for a broader knowledge implies the need to understand other concepts and principles in context in order to resolve issues that have an impact beyond the area. The job has full management of a team, including management of people, defining roles and responsibilities, planning for the department's future needs and operations, counselling employees on performance and contributing to employee pay decisions or changes. This job typically requires a degree or equivalent and a minimum of 8 or more years experience.
Plans, directs, and coordinates the selling activities of sales reps under their supervision in accordance with budgeted objectives in order to obtain maximum profitability and volume in relation to pre-set standards.
This Regional Manager will work remote from any US location.
• Locates, interviews, and hires top level sales talent for sales rep. positions.
• Trains and develops new sales personnel.
• Develops plans in accordance with the Director of Sales to maximize sales opportunities in the region.
• Develops and recommends strategic plans with representatives to achieve greater market share/penetration.
• Evaluates performance and takes corrective action where appropriate with sales representatives under their supervision.
• Prepares monthly highlights and necessary reports to keep the Director of Sales adequately informed of progress.
• Assists in the negotiation of sales transaction and divisional agreements.
• Coordinates and distributes funds out of a regional budget.
• Develops and motivates sales personnel to meet stated objectives.
• Constructs new sales territories in order to facilitate company growth.
• Works with marketing department to keep sales force informed of new information pertaining to the market.
• Adheres regularly to all G.M.P. policies and procedures as stipulated by the FDA
• Manages directly the activities of Sales representatives in the region.
• Sets overall regional goals and territory quotas and evaluates their performance against these goals.
• Coaches and develops sales personnel in the region.
• Responsible for inter-departmental compliance with company policies and corrective actions.
• Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Must be able to communicate with large groups of people.
• Must be able to communicate telephonically.
• Must be able to use common office equipment (e.g. fax, modem, calculator, PC, etc.).
• Up to 60% travel annually.
• Must be able to routinely make decisions regarding strategy as pertains to the sales representatives territory activity.
• Must be able to generate and explain detailed proposals, guidelines, and procedures.
• Must be able to impart fundamental product and sales knowledge to newly hired representatives.
• Must be able to analyze regional market potential and effectively create sales territories.
• Must be able to analyze and make decisions regarding personnel.
Qualifications/Work Experience Preferred
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Possess ability to identify and hire outstanding talent.
• 3-6 years of sales and/or sales management experience.
• Financial analysis
• In-house product training
• Computer training
Education/Special Training Required
• B.B.A. or B.S. in business with an emphasis in marketing or related discipline.
• M.B.A. or M.A. desired
Work From Home: Yes
Travel Percentage: Up to 75%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com