General Motors Controls Engineer - Paint - MFE0005292 in Spring Hill, Tennessee
Control Engineer - Paint
Hiring for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shifts. This job will require working various shifts, overtime, and some off-shift production support
Responsible for Controls Engineering and electrical support for department. Manages electrical projects: new, replacement, operations improvements, & periodic repair/replacement. Participates in functional area meetings to assist in improving plant performance.
- Technical Support Activities such as:- Controls modifications and continuous improvement (TIP)- Process Controls Management (i.e. error proofing, programming logic, vision systems)- Production and Maintenance Guidance (technical troubleshooting and direction)- Planning Activities- Launch Activities
- Project and New Equipment Installation
Basic Skills Preferred:
- Experience in automotive industry
- GE PLC Hardware & Software
- RSLogix 5000, 500, 5
- Device Net and Ethernet IP
- Hirschmann Switches.
- New Equipment Specification, Install, Debug, and Qualification
- Global Controls Standards Compliant
- Fanuc Robot experience, programming, debugging,
- Provide technical support and guidance to trades and production
- Working knowledge of all safety absolutes and policies (i.e. lockout, ESWP etc..)
- Allen Bradley SERVO Control and Variable Frequency Drives
- Knowledge of computer software utilized in manufacturing environment
- College degree with a major in engineering
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities.