Stryker Field Service Technician - San Jose in San Jose, California
Requisition ID 30346BR
Job Title Field Service Technician - San Jose
Group MedSurg and Neurotech
Business Unit Communications
Business Function Field Service and Support
Country United States
City San Jose
Employment Category Full Time
Percent Travel Required Up to 50%
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information
At Stryker Communications, our Field Service Technicians serve as The Wolf for our customers. If you’re not familiar with Pulp Fiction, that translates to you on a team of people who get things done when the pressure is on. Our medical devices play a vital role in surgery and if you’re interested in learning the latest medical technology while saving the day for hospitals around the country, then this position is for you. We are looking for someone based in San Jose, CA.
The person taking the Field Service Technician role will spend the majority of their time in four key areas. They are:
Traveling between hospitals based on assignment of service requests.
Troubleshooting and resolving customer and product issues.
Building positive relationships with Stryker customers.
Documenting service results in order to maintain accurate quality records.
The environment and culture for this role is fast-paced and you’ll be constantly on the go. It requires the ability to solve complex problems while maintaining strong relationships with our customers and sales representatives. Through time as a Field Service Technician, the foundation is laid to follow multiple career paths including engineering, project management, and leadership.
Within the first six months you’ll:
Gain a basic understanding of the cutting edge of medical technology as it relates to our booms, lights, integration, and IP product lines.
Develop solutions for customers who are in a pinch.
Build strong bonds with fellow Field Service Technicians and in-house support teams.
Potentially earn enough hotel reward points for an extended vacation.
The person in this role should love to solve problems. We prefer an engineering degree but understand technical prowess can be gained through personal experience. Candidates must be willing to spend most weekdays traveling, be capable of successfully communicating with our customers, and have strong documentation skills.
• Heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• Must be able to review printed materials.
• Must have demonstrated fine motor skills.
• Must be able to use sophisticated test and office computer equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, telephone, Broadcast test and measurement equipment etc.).
• Ability to work with large pieces of equipment.
• Effective reading and writing skills.
• Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine testing and/or equipment issues using independent judgment.
• Must be able to follow and explain detailed instruction troubleshooting and inspection procedures.
• Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
• Must be able to logically diagnose issues and systematically solve problems
• Must be able to travel
• 2 year installation or production line experience with Stryker Communications or 2-3 years industry experience with relevant field service experience.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with surgeons, hospital staff, nurses and biomedical personnel
• Ability to prioritize issues.
• Computer literate.
• Functional with Microsoft Office including Excel, and Word
• Ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly
• Basic electronic and mechanical aptitude
• Skilled at cable termination of all standard digital and analog industry connectors.
• Knowledge of video, audio and data communications systems
• Knowledge of OR etiquette and basic hospital procedure
• Associate’s degree, technical degree, or Bachelors Degree preferred.
• AV or IT background or Medical Equipment experience in OR lights and ceiling mounted equipment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability