Penske HR Engagement and Retention Specialist in Romulus, Michigan
The role of the Engagement and Retention Specialist is to plan, develop and implement programs and strategies to create and maintain a culture of exceptional associate engagement. This role is essentially responsible for creating programs and initiatives that will result in increased associate engagement and retention at all levels. Within assigned area this role is responsible for all new hire training and onboarding, and the coordination of newly hired associates joining the Penske team. The Engagement and Retention Specialist creates opportunities for our associates to participate in local community events, helping to further Penske’s mission to move the things that move the world forward.
• Partner with Operations Leadership and HR to identify, design and implement employee engagement events and campaigns that aligns with the overall site engagement strategy.
• Execute employee surveys, roundtables, and other feedback initiatives; recognize shortcomings and develop recommendations to improve.
• Oversee a committee made up of associates, support staff and management to collaborate on ideas that make up the monthly activities calendar to drive engagement
• Design and coordinate programs and area activities to increase associate engagement including:
-Design and execute programs to support shift attendance
-Involvement in wellness programs
-Administration and communication of associate opinion survey including action plan follow up
• Develop and implement Onboarding activities, and schedule and conduct NHO trainings across the area, create and distribute NHO communications.
• Assist in other associate-focused activities, such as:
-Assistance with Open Enrollment
-Conducting exit interviews
-Support warehouse associate training programs
• In partnership with the recruiter, participate in onsite hiring events to market Penske as an employer of choice (technical schools, colleges, diversity, military, Penske open house events, and startup activities)
• Build and maintain relationships with colleges and universities
• Manage the process for registering and attending all career fair events
• Prescreen candidates for warehouse worker positons, and other positions and assist in selection process.
• Utilize interview guides and assessment process to ensure a consistent and high quality process of candidate selection.
• Conduct interviews to advise/assist in Penske’s selection skills process and coach on interviewing technique and adherence to employment regulations and laws.
• Other projects as assigned by the manager.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor's Degree preferred. If no degree, equivalent work experience is required.
• 1-3 years of relevant Penske experience, understanding Logistics Operations. Both DCC and DCM preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in partnering with various community non-profit agencies in preparing for and organizing community events
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn employment laws and hiring practices required
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written required
• Must have excellent organization skills
• Must be detail oriented and comfortable with reporting and metrics
• Negotiation and Influencing skills required
• Willingness to travel up to 25%, some overnight travel required
• Ability to develop others required
• Must have the ability to foster diversity & inclusion
• Demonstrated leadership skill required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 15520 Wayne Rd Romulus, MI 48174
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Romulus
Job: Human Resources
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Human Resources
Req ID: 1909166
- Penske Jobs