General Motors Senior Finance Analyst/Finance Analyst - Plant Financial Analysis - Rochester, NY - FIN0010483 in Rochester, New York
A highly motivated, engaged, organized self starter with strong analytic and technical skills. Demonstrates the ability to exercise a high level of independent judgment, decision-making, accuracy, creativity and initiative. Occasional instructor or assign work to others.
- Provides robust internal and/or external financial analysis, consultation and decision support, ability to translate analysis (80/20 rule)
- Optimizes business plans to drive business results based on sound overall business judgment
- Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision making
- Searches out and corrects inconsistent data; finds and fixes root cause of inconsistencies, understands the drivers
- Collaborates and coordinates information flow with other staffs and business units for optimal corporate decisions
- Prepares, analyzes, and selects the best methods of presenting various data (reports, charts, diagrams). Summarize findings in concise and creative ways.
- Develops and presents data and well thought out recommendations to key members of the organization, including executive management.
- Develop and utilize financial analysis tools to evaluate financial and business risks
- Effectively communicate up and down the organization
Manage risk and exposure
College degree(s) with a major in finance, accounting and/or business related degrees or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- General finance experience preferred.
- Understand the business (a business person first, has an operating mindset)
- Problem solving and analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork and partnerships
- Strong oral and written communication skills (effective communications up/down/across the organization)
- Highly proficient personal computer skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints (Fast/Responsive)
- Ability to network and collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines (occasionally)
- Future rotations will be to any US GM locations