General Motors Take 2 - Career Relaunchers - Process Engineer - MFE0004994 in Pontiac, Michigan
About the Take 2 Program
General Motors is looking for experienced professionals who took an employment break of two or more years in their field and are looking to re-launch their careers!
The Take 2 program is a 12-week professional internship through which you’ll polish your skills, acquire new ones, and restore the confidence you need to launch a new phase in your professional journey.
Take advantage of comprehensive training, technical and professional development opportunities, company-wide networking, and personalized mentoring/coaching. Take 2 will prepare you for a full-time career in critical roles at GM, a global leader in the automotive industry!
Are you ready to rise to the challenge, are you Made for More?
General Purpose of Position
The career level process engineer, able to work autonomously with occasional guidance from supervision. Skilled in equipment/tooling alternatives, sequence and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities necessary for the production of parts. Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity or assembly/plant activity where creativity and initiative is exercised as well as independent judgment.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
Responsible for supporting activities that may include:
• SORs and project management for tools, stations or specific technologies. Typically part of a larger effort or project
• manufacturing process definition
• sequence of operations
• human factors consideration
• efficient material flow
• design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools required in plants for the production of high quality parts
• providing technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources
Work may involve development and testing of advanced process technology.
• Established technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
• Established knowledge and ability to implement GMS principles
Demonstrate high level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and assignments with medium level of autonomy and high accountability for results (may work under the direction of a more seasoned process engineer)
• Demonstrated ability in project management skills
• College degree with major in engineering or equivalent training/experience
• Demonstrated understanding of plant floor work
• Multiple different ME assignments with successful individual achievements or strong team-based achievements
Experience in prismatic, gear, crank, cam, rod, piston machining
Experience in engine and/or transmission program execution