General Motors Fuel Cell Controls Test Engineer - GPS0003839 in Pontiac, Michigan
Control System Test Engineer to design and develop process, tools and techniques for testing advanced, model-based, embedded fuel cell control systems. Work with key stakeholders to create test strategies; develop plans to analyze and perform functional, regression, and ad-hoc testing; and define, build, maintain test harnesses and execute tests.
- Enable simulation of fuel cell controls and plant models in the Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow environment by overcoming limitations, incompatibilities, and constraints of the modeling environment.
- Maintain and improve the Model in the Loop (MIL) and Hardware in the Loop (HIL) environments for control algorithm development and software testing.
- Develop expertise in optimizing the usage and performance of these environments.
- Deliver environments within a defined software development process including the use of change and configuration management tools.
- Work with corporate experts and contribute to the implementation of new MIL/HIL technologies.
- Work with outside contractors/vendors to solve issues and provide custom tools.
- Write tools in the form of Matlab scripts, Stateflow, S functions, C code, and Perl scripts to support use of simulation environments.
- Train and support users in the successful usage of these environments.
- Collaborate with algorithm engineers to develop test plans and acceptance criteria to demonstrate requirements satisfaction.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure requirements are testable.
- Collaborate with algorithm engineers to develop the test harness required based on the test plan.
- Participate in group code reviews; own software quality practices and coach peers on incorporating quality into code
- Test individual units with test harnesses in a virtual PC based environment.
- Test and develop the complete system on a software verification bench (HIL) with manual and automated tests.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 3 - 5 years of experience or MS in same with 1 - 3 years of experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands on experience or formal training in Matlab/Simulink or equivalent training.
- Ability to quickly learn and/or improve existing knowledge in the following areas: simulation environments, programming and scripting languages
- Ability to work in a team and interface with colleagues from different backgrounds towards technology improvement and problem resolution
- Ability to develop efficient & logical methods to solve difficult problems and focus on the end goal to get the job done.
- Ability to do some travel nationally & internationally
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies and employ systems engineering and controls to make such technologies practical.
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with study in controls and 5 -7 years of experience.
- Experience in control software development following structured software design and implementation principles and practices including testing of real-time embedded controls systems using formal software testing methods.
Experience in one or more of the following Tools & Techniques:
Programming & Scripting Languages: Matlab m, C-language, Perl
- Modeling Tools: Matlab, Dymola, gPROMS
- HIL Simulation: dSPACE, OpalRT
ECU Tools: ETAS INCA, Vector CANAPE, ASAP2 generation
Experience or formal training in Simulink model based auto-code generation and builds (RTW or EmbeddedCoder)
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink simulation including Accelerator mode, S-functions, Data Typing, Libraries, Model Referencing, StateFlow, TLCs etc.
High level of oral and written communication skills