Grant Thornton LLP Software Implementation Project Coordinator in Phoenix, Arizona
Grant Thornton is seeking a Software Implementation Project Coordinator to join its growing team in Phoenix, AZ. The successful candidate will provide project management support for the client and engagement teams. The successful candidate will learn about Aumentum a Property Tax Systems, will develop skills in converting legislation into policy, procedure, processes and how those processes are turned into requirements and translated into system design and functionality.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects. The Project coordinator will have a good opportunity to learn in this environment.
This job is providing project management support and in doing so the prospective employee will learn about Aumentum a Property Tax Systems. They will learn what legislation looks like when it is converted into policy, procedure, processes and how those processes are turned into requirements and translated into system design and functionality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures. * Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings. * Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings. * Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings. * Ensuring project deadlines are met. * Determining project changes. * Providing administrative support as needed. * Undertaking project tasks as required. * Developing project strategies. * Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project. * Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable. * Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution. * Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members. * Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- At least 5 years of related professional experience
- Experience working on tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. The Project coordinator will have familiarity with tools and applications such as:
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- JAMA Requirements Management
- Application testing
- Agile Development Methodology The project coordinator will have knowledge of practice areas such as:
- Business Process Management- Current State and Future State Development
- Business Systems Analysis- Requirements review and validation
- Data Mapping and Conversion
- Organizational Change Management
- Application Testing Lifecycle Other aspects of the project will include all of the following related to the SDLC (System Development Lifecycle):
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Software Implementation Project Coordinator
Requisition ID: 041197