Grant Thornton LLP Tax - Senior Associate-Partnership Taxation in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader. Tax Senior Associate – Private Wealth Services
Grant Thornton’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals in more than 50 offices around the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services.
The Senior Associate in the General Tax Family Wealth Planning group is responsible for providing tax compliance and consulting services to our clients and works with other professionals in General Tax to assist to build a profitable practice, delivering high value solutions and income, estate, charitable, and gift tax planning strategies to the high net worth market. The client base is primarily comprised of owners of closely held businesses and other high-income individuals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing to budget.
- Provide tax planning and consulting to our firm's high net worth clients for estate, wills and trusts taxation, and individual income taxes.
- Interact closely with client's other advisors, such as attorneys and financial managers.
- Review prior year tax returns to look for potential errors, inconsistencies, planning opportunities, etc.Identify and capitalize on opportunities to sell tax services.
- Research tax matters, primarily in the federal estate, gift, charitable, and generation-skipping tax arenas.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA required.
- A minimum of two to four years of progressive tax consulting and compliance in Family Wealth Planning, or related area, in public accounting or consulting.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing complex estate, trust, and individual returns.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Computer expertise, including knowledge of tax software and technology. Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Masters in Taxation, LLM in Taxation, JD or CFP preferred, or currently pursuing one of these degrees/certifications.
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint presentation skills. Additional Information:
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites. Benefits:
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visithttp://www.gt.com/.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices, with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Tax - Senior Associate-Partnership Taxation
Requisition ID: 040353