Stryker Trauma Sales Representative - Peoria, IL in Peoria, Illinois
Requisition ID 29267BR
Job Title Trauma Sales Representative - Peoria, IL
Division Trauma and Extremities
Business Function Sales
Country United States
Employment Category Full Time
Percent Travel Required Up to 20%
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information
The Trauma Sales Representative will be primarily responsible for becoming the resident trauma expert by meeting and exceeding sales objectives for the territory and associated trauma product line. This will be accomplished by representing Stryker as a leader in our industry and the marketplace by working with a sophisticated audience comprised of surgeons and healthcare professionals.
As a result of building and maintaining strong business relationships and developing and implementing sales strategies, you will increase results throughout the territory.
• The candidate will be responsible for communicating with current and new customer accounts regarding a variety of topics including product updates, changes to product portfolio and educational programs
• Implements new sales plans and effective marketing strategies to position the organization competitively and meet/exceed territory objectives Identifies the needs of new prospects and develop appropriate responses (written, telephone and face-to-face)
• Performs field calls for the account and assigned territory (including “on-call” and operating/emergency room consultation) Cross-sell additional products or manage new product introductions as they become available
• Address any problems that arise on the account Continues to support compliance and the principles of responsibility (AdvaMed) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements, and Company’s policies and procedures
• Work with sales management by coaching, training or mentoring Sales Associates as needed Maintain training in sales skills and products. Remains current on industry, customer, a competitive trends
• Participates and attend sales meetings and professional association meetings outside regular business hours, as required
• BS/BA in relevant field (business or medical discipline preferred) or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services
• This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
• 2+ years demonstrated successful sales experience (in the medical device or industry preferred) Knowledge in the use of current office technologies (MSOffice suite, databases, etc.) Excellent organizational skills
• Experience in building and maintaining relationships (with surgeons & hospitals in respective areas would be beneficial)
• Must be comfortable in emergency/operating room environments
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability