General Motors Software Quality Assurance Engineer - Infotainment - ENG0038333 in Palo Alto, California
Do you imagine a world of zerocrashes, zero emissions and zero congestion? We do. We place our customers atthe center of everything we do and we are creating vehicles that move humanityto that goal. The capability of our infotainment systems is the core connectionbetween the vehicle and the traveler. We are advancing the sophisticationof vehicle infotainment systems at every level of functionality and design todevelop beautiful intuitive systems that augment driver awareness, enhanceoccupant safety, and elevate the traveler experience.
The software QA engineer will be animportant member of our software group in Sunnyvale, which is part of thelarger GM Global Engineering team. The QA engineer will be responsible fordefining, implementing, executing, and maintaining test plans and test cases toensure the software will be delivered with high quality. The engineer will workclosely with development engineers, requirement engineers and program managersduring the entire product lifecycle. The QA engineer reviews requirementspecifications and design documents, to better understand the features for theefficient design of suitable test cases.
The primary job responsibilitiesinclude:
- Participate in requirement reviews in order to write test procedures and test cases
- Develop test cases for black/white box testing
- Define test strategies based on software development plans
- Define and maintain test plans based on software development schedule
- Ensure test plans align with the development schedule and project milestones
- Analyze reported issues to generate quality reports, and contribute to defect prevention
- Support development teams to verify and/or reproduce reported issues
- Participate in the continuous improvement of test processes and methodologies
- Setup and configure necessary hardware and operating environments for specialized and daily test cases
- Maintain of test equipment and the test library environment
- Participate in development of test tools and test scripts
Required Skills and Experiences
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software quality assurance in software companies;
- Minimum 1 year of experience in testing Android code
- Solid knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies and tools;
- Knowledge of testing embedded product software
- Development/scripting skills in common language such as JAVA, Perl or C++
- Good experience with different Operating Systems, especially Linux variants
- Working knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- QA engineer needs to possess technical writing skills, effective communication skills, problem-solving and analytical skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills.
- QA engineer must be self-motivated, reliably deliver on time, a quick-thinker, a quick-learner and be able to work in a fast-paced work environment
Education and Training:
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Advanced degrees preferred