Parker Hannifin Corp Product Sales Mgr in Otsego, Michigan
Product Sales Mgr
MI-Otsego, United States
Group: Fluid Connector Grp N. America
Job Family: Sales
Job ID: 8234-1A
< Return to Search Results
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Responsible for developing strategies to increase Division sales and profits while providing premier customer service to the customers, distributors and field sales people. The strategies include product development, competitor and market analysis, training, managing target account programs, strategic pricing and developing target accounts.
- Complete product line responsibility (product, promotion, pricing, and channel) for a defined portfolio of products.
- Responsible for developing and implementing product line growth strategies (new/existing customers, new/existing market penetration, new/existing geography, new/existing channel).
- Monitors and drives marketing communication needs for product line in support of growth strategies (promotions, catalogs, social media, web presence, etc).
- Investigates market needs for innovative products and works with Engineering to appropriately prioritize product development efforts for the product line.
- Conducts market research through trade associations, internet investigation and Corporate services.
- Supports field sales and distributors as required to drive sales of the product line and maintain Division’s premier customer service position.
- Supports Winovation new product development team for products in discovery and at or beyond stage 3.
- Develops/performs product line training for field sales, channel, and customers.
- Maintains high level of applications knowledge by continually improving knowledge and know-how related to a defined portfolio of products.
- Monitors competitors and competitive products. Participates in the development and implementation of appropriate response strategies.
- Develops and leads IME strategies (existing product innovations/modifications/extensions).
- Ability to travel frequently to customer/channel locations for technical support and training.
- Monitors sales and margin results and tracks and recommends appropriate actions
- Monitors product and market trends and recommends appropriate actions.
- 4 year college degree, preferably in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business or Related Business Management.
- 5 plus years experience in field sales of related industry
- Strong computer skills (Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Applications)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Travel up to 60%
This position is located in Otsego, MI within the Fluid System Connectors division.